GED/HSE Record Requests
GED/HSE Record Requests
How to request a High School Equivalency (HSE)/GED transcript, verification, or diploma
North Carolina HSE/GEDs
When current students pass the GED test in North Carolina, a transcript and diploma will be provided free of charge.
If you completed your HSE/GED in North Carolina, you can order a copy of your transcript at diplomasender.com. Ordering an additional copy of your transcript or diploma is $15.00. More information about payment options can be found under the "Services" section of their website. See the instructions below for more detailed information.
- Go to diplomasender.com and select "Register" if you do not already have an account. (If you already have a DiplomaSender account, log in and refer to step #6 below.)
- For the "Account Type" drop-down menu, select "Tester" if you are a student ordering a copy of your own records. You must have an ID Number in order to register. If you tested prior to 2014, your ID Number will likely be your Social Security Number. If you tested in 2014 or later, you will have a unique ID Number assigned to you based on the test you took. If you took the GED in 2014 or later, you can retrieve your ID Number from ged.com. If you took the HiSET in 2014 or later, contact Lani Anderson at (828) 398-7312 or email@example.com for help retrieving your ID Number. Once you have entered all of your information select "Review Registration."
- An email will be sent to the email address you entered while registering. Open the email (and make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not see it) and click on the "Verify Email Address" link. This will open a new screen allowing you to set up a password.
- Once a password is created, you will be able to log in to your DiplomaSender account. Upon your first login, you will be asked to confirm you personal information. Select "Looks good!" if everything is correct.
- Select "I'm ready. Let's do it!" to order your documents.
- Select your documents and delivery method, and enter the information for the destination of the documents on the documents ordering page.
- Enter the payment information at the bottom of the screen and finalize your order.
Other State HSE/GEDs (Outside of North Carolina)
If you earned your GED in a different state, transcript ordering instructions can be found by going to ged.com and then clicking on "Grads and Transcripts" at the top of the page. You can then select the state where you earned your GED from the drop-down menu and click "Request Transcripts" to view instructions for ordering your transcript from that state.
Additional information about GED transcripts is available on the North Carolina Community Colleges' website.
DiplomaSender can be reached directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (855) 313-5799. If you have any additional questions, contact our Department of Transitional Studies (formerly known as the GED Office) directly at (828) 398-7312 or email@example.com.
Adult High School Records
If you completed the Adult High School program through A-B Tech, please email AdultEd@abtech.edu..