When to Register
When to Register
When students can register for classes
Through your student email account, you'll be notified of a date and time when you can begin registering for courses. This date and time is based on the total number of credits you've completed at A-B Tech. The date will be prior to the registration date for new students posted at abtech.edu/registration.
Your specific registration date and time can also be found in your WebAdvisor account. After logging in, click on "Curriculum Students," and then "My Registration Time" under the "Curriculum Registration" heading.
Students with disabilities are offered priority registration, which is typically held the first week of regular registration.
Priority registration is offered for the following reasons:
- Course locations can be selected for those with ambulatory difficulties.
- Classes with support labs (i.e., in Developmental Studies) can be selected.
- Students who require specialized transportation can receive workable schedules.
- Medication schedules can be considered.
- Sufficient lead time is provided to the Disability Services Office for the hiring of student assistants (i.e., interpreters, notetakers/scribes, and tutors).
- Student learning styles may be considered in course and instructor selection.
Regular registration extends from the date posted at abtech.edu/registration until approximately one week before classes start. During this time, any returning or new students are permitted to register through WebAdvisor. The deadline to pay for classes is approximately one week before courses start. You are required to pay for courses in full, set up a payment plan, or have financial aid in place prior to the payment deadline, or you'll be dropped from your courses. If you are dropped, you can re-register if seats are still available.
Late registration is the period between the initial payment deadline and the first meeting of the specific course. You may register for any open courses during this period. Some courses that were previously closed may return to an "open" status if students were dropped for non-payment.
Once a semester officially begins, you may register for courses using WebAdvisor or you can come in-person to the Bailey Student Services Building. During late registration, payment for courses is due immediately.