Tuition Cost 2017-2018
Tuition Cost 2017–2018
Tuition and fees for residents and non-residents
Current Tuition for the 2017–2018 Academic Year
|Residency and Enrollment Status||Charge|
|North Carolina Residents|
|N.C. residents per semester||$1,216|
|N.C. residents per credit hour per semester||
Non-resident of North Carolina
|Nonresident of N.C. (16 or more credit hours)||$4,288|
|Nonresident of N.C. per credit hour per semester (fewer than 16 credit hours)||
The North Carolina General Assembly usually sets tuition by July 1 each year. All rates and fees are subject to change.
- Student Activity Fees – The student activity fee is based on the number of credit hours you take during the day at the Asheville campus. If you are enrolled for nine or more on-campus credit hours, the fee will be $32.00 for the fall and spring semesters. If you are enrolled for eight or fewer on-campus credit hours, the fee will be $22.00 for the fall and spring semesters. Students taking only 100% online classes are not charged this fee.
- Computer Use and Technology Fee – There is a fee of $48.00 per semester for curriculum students and $5.00 per course for occupational Continuing Education classes. This supports buying and repairing computer and other instructional technology.
- CAPS Fee – A $10.00 Campus Access Parking and Security Fee for curriculum students is charged each semester for Asheville, Woodfin, and Madison campuses.
- Consumable Supply Fees – Certain courses have additional fees for consumable supplies not covered by tuition. These vary by class.
- Student Insurance – A group accident insurance policy is maintained by the College, and all curriculum students are required to subscribe. The only exception is for students taking only off-campus courses. The cost to you is $2.00 per semester.
- Transcript Fee – The fee to have an official transcript sent electronically is $5.00, and the fee is $7.50 to have a paper copy mailed. It costs $10.00 to get an official transcript immediately in-person (on-demand transcripts).
- Printing Fees – Black-and-white copies are $0.08 per page. Color copies are $0.15 per page. Students are allocated $8 in free printing each semester, and can add funds to their accounts. See abtech.edu/printing.
- Returned Check Fee – These fees are posted at abtech.edu/payment.
The cost of books and supplies varies by department. From our homepage, abtech.edu, hover over the "Financial Aid" link at the very top of the page and select "Tuition and Fees" from the drop-down menu that appears.