Tuition Cost 2022–2023
Tuition Cost 2022–2023
Tuition and fees for residents and non-residents during the 2022–2023 academic year (Fall 2022–Summer 2023)
Current Tuition for the 2022–2023 Academic Year
|Residency and Enrollment Status||Charge|
|North Carolina Residents|
|N.C. residents per semester (16 or more credit hours)||$1,216|
|N.C. residents per credit hour per semester (fewer than 16 credit hours)||
Non-resident of North Carolina
|Nonresident of N.C. (16 or more credit hours)||$4,288|
|Nonresident of N.C. per credit hour per semester (fewer than 16 credit hours)||
All rates and fees are subject to change at any time. The North Carolina General Assembly usually sets tuition by July 1 each year.
- Student Activity Fees – The student activity fee is $35.00 for the fall and spring semesters for students attending classes at the Asheville campus or online. Career and College Promise (CCP) students are not charged this fee.
- Computer Use and Technology Fee – There is a fee of $48.00 per semester for curriculum students and $5.00 per course for occupational Continuing Education classes excluding fee waivers, self-support, and off-campus courses. This supports buying and repairing computers and other instructional technology.
- CAPS Fee – A $20.00 Campus Access Parking and Security Fee for curriculum students is charged each semester for Asheville, Woodfin, and Madison campuses. A $5.00 CAPS fee for Continuing Education students is charged per course excluding fee waivers, self-support, and off-campus courses.
- Matriculation Fee – A $6.00 fee per semester for curriculum students. This supports program completion/graduation costs.
- Consumable Supply Fees – Certain courses have additional fees for consumable supplies not covered by tuition. These vary by class.
- Student Insurance – A group accident insurance policy is maintained by the College, and all curriculum students are required to subscribe. The cost to you is $2.00 per semester.
- Transcript Fee – The fee to have an official transcript sent electronically is $5.00, and the fee is $7.50 to have a paper copy mailed. It costs $10.00 to get an official transcript immediately in-person (on-demand transcripts).
- Printing Fees – Black-and-white copies are $0.08 per page. Color copies are $0.15 per page. Students are allocated $8 in free printing each semester, and can add funds to their accounts. See abtech.edu/printing.
- Returned Check Fee – A $25.00 fee is issued for a returned check. Fee is subject to change. For fees related to a Tuition Payment Plan, please visit abtech.edu/payment.
- Fees are not refundable for classes dropped after the published start-date of the classes the student had been registered for.
If you have additional questions about tuition and fees, contact the Business Office at email@example.com.