Divorce/Separation and Financial Aid

Divorce/Separation and Financial Aid


Income reporting in FAFSA for divorced or separated students

FAFSA Income Reporting

If you're filling out your FAFSA and have been recently divorced or separated, you may subtract your spouse's income from your previous year's tax records.

For additional questions about filling out your FAFSA, please email financialaidoffice@abtech.edu or schedule a FAFSA Assistance Appointment.


Key Words: FAFSA, divorce, separation, financial aid, income, taxes, 1040, spouse

Article ID: 166
Created On: Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Last Updated On: Thu, Oct 6, 2022 at 1:36 PM

Online URL: https://info.abtech.edu/article.php?id=166