Change of Name or Address

Change of Name or Address


How students can change their name and other personal information

Name Change

You can update your name by filling out the Change of Vital Data form and sending it from your A-B Tech student email account to Please provide a government issued photo ID, such as your driver’s license or passport, and a copy of another form of government issued ID, such as a marriage license or court document. You may also bring this to the Information Desk in the Bailey Building (#5 on our campus map) located at the main Asheville campus or to the Madison Site. More information about name and address changes timeframe is available on our website.

Address Change

Below are instructions for updating your street/mailing address in your Self-Service account.

  1. Log in to Self-Service. Select the menu icon at the top left, select "User Options" from the left navigation bar, and select "User Profile". 

  2. Update your address by selecting the pencil icon to the right of your address under the "Edit or Remove" column. 

  3. After updating your information, be sure to click "Update Address" at the bottom to save any changes.


Key Words: name, address, change, Change of Vital Data form, contact information, update

Article ID: 68
Created On: Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Last Updated On: Thu, Jul 27, 2023 at 9:16 AM

Online URL: