Learn To Touch Type Online For Free
Learn To Touch-Type Online For Free
Free resources for learning touch-typing
Touch-typing is typing without using the sense of sight to find the keys. A person possessing touch-typing skills will know their location on the keyboard through muscle memory. It can improve any individual's typing speed and accuracy dramatically. None of the following sites require you to download or install anything.
Learn the traditional touch type method. At GoodTyping.com, you can set up a free account so you can log in and keep track of which lessons you have completed, and track your progress.
- Learn how to type correctly in just a few hours using all your fingers.
- You will soon be typing faster than you ever imagined.
- 27 guided lessons to learn step-by-step from the beginning.
- Choose between 23 different keyboard layouts. (Learn to type in other languages!)
Typeonline was designed and implemented by Dave Bartlett, a web developer based in Hampshire, and began as a small in-house project intended to do no more than keep the rust from the author's keyboard skills. Discussions with family and friends convinced him that a free online typing tutorial would provide a useful resource to a wider audience, and led to revisions of the initial typing practice routine into the full featured offering of Typeonline. It does not keep track of your progress.
Keybr.com is a web application that will help you teach touch typing with a new method. Their tutorial is based on these few principles:
- No boring, repetitive exercises. Unlike most other typing tutors, keybr does not force you to repeat the same lessons over and over again.
- Keybr uses sophisticated computer algorithm to generate typing lessons matching your skills. These lessons consists of random words generated from a subset of the current alphabet. The size of the subset and individual letter frequency is controlled by the algorithm to give you the best learning experience.
- keybr measures time to type a key for every letter in that subset. This time is used to measure your learning progress. The more familiar you become with a key, the shorter time does it take to type it.
- Once you familiarize yourself with the current subset of letters, the algorithm expands it, including more and more letters to it.
- As soon as the algorithm includes new letters to the current subset, frequency of these letters is artificially boosted, so that the newly added letters will appear in every generated word in a lesson.
- So at any time, you will by typing the letters you are least familiar with.
Play games to practice typing skills! A fun way to improve your typing speed and accuracy.
Key Words: how to type, type fast, improve typing skills, touch type