How to register a vehicle and get parking decals
How to Get a Parking Decal
To get a parking decal, you'll need to fill out the Parking Decal Request form. You can either print it out or pick up the form in the Bailey Student Services Building on the Asheville main campus. Submit the form to the Information Desk in the Bailey Building. It is open Monday–Thursday from 9:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. and Friday from 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. It is closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
You will need your student ID number and your license plate number. There is no additional fee for a parking decal (it is billed in your tuition automatically as the "Campus Access, Parking, and Security" (CAPS) fee, which is $10 per semester). If you need a second parking decal, you may obtain one for $10 in the Roberson Building at 93 Victoria Road.
Parking Decals for Continuing Education Students
Continuing Education students are required to get a parking decal if their Continuing Education class lasts more than two weeks. Continuing Education parking decals can be obtained at the Continuing Education reception desk in the lobby of the Ferguson Allied Health and Workforce Development Center on the Asheville Campus.
Parking Decals for Faculty/Staff
These may be obtained in the Human Resources Office, which is open Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Here's some general information to keep in mind about registering your vehicle and using your parking decal:
- All motor vehicles operated on campus must be registered with the College. Permits are applicable for the school year. For the purpose of vehicle registration, groups are specifically described as follows:
- Curriculum students
- Faculty and staff
- Continuing Education students (if the Continuing Education class is scheduled for more than two weeks)
- All permits must be displayed on the LEFT REAR BUMPER OR LEFT REAR BACK WINDOW OF EACH REGISTERED VEHICLE.
- Student parking spaces on campus are limited; therefore, vehicle registration and the issuing of a parking permit does not guarantee a parking space. It does permit parking in designated areas.
- Parking permits issued for a specific vehicle are not transferable. If the vehicle is sold, the permit should be destroyed.
Student employees (work study, peer tutors, etc.) will be issued a student permit and must park in spaces designated for students. Exceptions may be approved only by the Chief of Police.
A visitor must get a Visitor Parking Pass from either the Information Desk in the Bailey Student Services Center or the Security Office in the Event Center, and may then park in a white-lined space.