How to register a vehicle and get parking decals
How to Get a Student Parking Decal
To get a parking decal, you'll need to fill out the Parking Decal Request form. This is for students taking curriculum (for college credit) classes only. You can either print the form out or pick it up in the Bailey Student Services Building (#5 on the campus map) on the main Asheville campus. Submit the form to the Information Desk in the Bailey Building. It is open Monday–Thursday from 9:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. and Friday from 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. It is closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
You will need your student ID number and your license plate number. There is no additional fee for a parking decal (it is billed in your tuition automatically as the "Campus Access, Parking, and Security" (CAPS) fee, which is $10 per semester). If you need a second parking decal, you may obtain one for $10 in the Roberson Building at 93 Victoria Road.
Once you have your student parking decal, you can park in any space on campus with white lines (yellow lines are for employees only).
Parking Decals for Continuing Education Students
Continuing Education students are required to get a parking decal if their Continuing Education class lasts more than two weeks. Continuing Education parking decals can be obtained at the Continuing Education reception desk in the lobby of the Ferguson Allied Health and Workforce Development Center on the Asheville Campus.
Parking Decals for Employees
These may be obtained in the Human Resources Office in the Sunnicrest Building, which is open Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. You can either print the Employee Parking Form and fill it out ahead of time or pick up the form in the Sunnicrest Building.
Once you have your employee parking decal, you can park in any space on campus with yellow lines.
Below is some general information to keep in mind about registering your vehicle and using your parking decal:
- All motor vehicles operated on campus must be registered with the College. Permits are applicable for one academic year. For the purpose of vehicle registration, groups are specifically described as follows:
- Curriculum students
- Continuing Education students (if the Continuing Education class is scheduled for more than two weeks)
- All permits must be displayed on the left rear bumper or left rear back window of each registered vehicle.
- Student parking spaces on campus are limited; therefore, vehicle registration and the issuing of a parking permit does not guarantee a parking space. It does permit parking in designated areas.
- Parking permits issued for a specific vehicle are not transferable. If the vehicle is sold, the permit should be destroyed.
Student employees (work study, peer tutors, etc.) will be issued a student permit and must park in spaces designated for students. Exceptions may be approved only by the Chief of Police.
A small number of visitor parking spaces are available in parking lot B2 behind the Bailey Student Services Building. Visitors are welcome to park in these spaces without a decal.
Visitors can also go to the Information Desk in the lobby of the Bailey Building for a temporary parking pass. With a temporary parking pass, you can park in any space on campus with white lines (spaces with yellow lines are for employees only). Temporary passes can be written for up to a week at a time if needed.