Instructions for how to register for curriculum (for college credit) classes online through Self-Service
Access Self-Service (Steps #1–3)
Consult Program Advisor (Step #4)
Build Class Schedule (Steps #5–6)
Finalize Registration (Steps #7–8)
Fall 2020: How to Look Up Class Meeting/Delivery Method Details
1. Go to abtech.edu, select "Online Services" at the top of the page, and click "Self-Service."
2. Enter your A-B Tech username and password.
3. Click on the "Registration" tile on the Self-Service Main Menu page.
4. If you are enrolled in a program, you must consult with your program advisor for each registration period before you can register. For instructions on how to contact your program advisor, click "Consult My Advisor" on the left or visit abtech.edu/myadvisor. Students enrolled in programs may only register for courses that their program advisor has Approved.
5. Click "Schedule and Register for Classes" on the right.
6. Regardless of whether you are enrolled in a program, look down the left side of the page to review any courses that have already been added to your course Plan for this semester. If you don't see any classes down the left side of the page, go to step B. (If you are not in an academic program, you still must first add classes to your course Plan before you can register for them.)
A. To register for courses that are already on your Plan for the current semester:
B. To register for courses that are NOT already on your Plan for the current semester:
7. Click the "Register" button under the course section on the left, or to register for multiple scheduled sections at once, click the "Register Now" Button at the top-right of the page.
8. Click "View & Print My Class Schedule" near the top-left of the page to confirm your registration.
Instructions for seeing how specific sections of a course will meet or be conducted are available in our Search for Class Availability article.
Instructions for viewing the current class meeting/delivery method details for the sections you are already registered for are available in our View Your Class Schedule article.
A course section that is synchronous has specific times when everyone meets online (often via video meetings in Zoom) or in person at the same time. For example, there may be a Zoom class meeting every Monday and Wednesday at 11:00 a.m.
A course section that is asynchronous means that there aren't specific meeting times for that section. Instead, there are typically specific times when an assignment must be submitted, such as "essay due by Tuesday, November 24 at 5:00 p.m." Keep in mind that there may be exams in an asynchronous section that do have more specific timeframes.
If you are already registered, you can look in Moodle or contact your instructors directly for details about your specific classes.
For help with registering for classes in Self-Service, contact the Information Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 398-7900. Be sure to send the email from your student email account.
Key Words: register, registration, how to register, registered, class, classes, course, courses, WebAdvisor, Web Advisor, registration steps, instructions, search for sections, Self-Service, Self Service
Article ID: 292
Created On: Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Last Updated On: Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 5:06 PM
Online URL: https://info.abtech.edu/article.php?id=292