Search for Class Availability
Search for Class Availability
How to search online to see what curriculum classes (for college credit) are currently available
Table of Contents
- Go to abtech.edu/registration and click on "Class Schedules in Self-Service."
- Select the tab for "Advanced Search."
- Select either the "Term" from the drop-down menu or enter "Meeting Start" and "End Dates" for the course (this is useful to search for class availability after a term has started).
- Select the subject from the "Courses" drop-down menu. You may also enter a course or section code to narrow your search.
- Optional: click on the "Select Location" drop-down menu to select a specific location or search only for 100% online courses.
- Click "Search" at the bottom of the page.
- Click "View Available Sections for..." to see details about individual sections, including their meeting times and instructors. There is an optional menu on the left you can use to further filter your search results.
- The letters following the course name give important information about the class' format, meeting times, and location. Refer to our Course Section Identifiers webpage for a full list of what these letters indicate.
You can narrow search results based on the Course Section Identifiers used in the third segment of the course code (e.g. ENG-111-OAM1). To do this enter asterisk(*) + Course Section Identifier Code + asterisk(*) in the "Section (optional)" box of the search page. For example, if you wish to find a 100% online asynchronous minimester section, you would enter *OAM* in the "Section (optional)" box.
- Follow the instructions above to search for course sections (through to step #8).
- Click on the hyperlink for a specific section.
- A pop-up will appear with more details about that section. The "Additional Information" area will have updated information about how this section will meet or be conducted for spring 2021.
A course section that is synchronous has specific times when everyone meets online (often via video meetings in Zoom) or in person at the same time. For example, there may be a Zoom class meeting every Monday and Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. The section identifier will include an "OS" (e.g. ENG-111-OS1).
A course section that is asynchronous means that there aren't specific meeting times for that section. Instead, there are typically specific times when an assignment must be submitted, such as "essay due by Tuesday, November 24 at 5:00 p.m." Keep in mind that there may be exams in an asynchronous section that do have more specific timeframes. The section identifier will include an "OA" (e.g. ENG-111-OA1).
If you are already registered, you can look in Moodle or contact your instructors directly for details about your specific classes.
Key Words: search for classes, search, searching, searches, class, classes, curriculum, available, availability, search for courses, search for open classes, course catalog, catalog search