Location, hours, and printing policy for open computer labs
The following computer labs are open to students:
- Locke Library, first floor – (828) 398-7308 – Locke Library Lab hours. This lab is open to A-B Tech students and also to community members who do not have a library card.
- Balsam Computer Lab, Balsam 003 – (828) 398-7292 – Balsam Lab hours. The lab is supervised by a peer tutor who is also an A-B Tech student. Although peer tutors have had several computer courses and can help with basic computer-related questions, they may not be able to assist with specific class assignments or software problems. There are published policies about using the Balsam lab.
- Ferguson Lab, Ferguson 112 – Ferguson Lab hours. This lab is in the Ferguson Building, which is across from the Locke Library and adjacent to the Beech Tree Deck. it is an open lab for students and available for instructors to reserve for their classes. A HelpDesk associate is available in the lab, as well as a printer for students. (This is subject to change due to classes.)
- Ramsey Lab (Madison), Ramsey 100 – Monday–Thursday, 8:00 a.m.–8:30 p.m., Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Call (828) 398-7700 to confirm times.
Guidelines for Printing in the Open Computer Labs
Open computer labs will print:
- Student-generated materials for class
- Enrollment, application, and financial aid forms
- Most instructional materials, limited to 10 sheets (pieces of paper) per document
Examples of documents the labs will not print:
- Non-instructional materials
- In-class printed handouts
All items are printed double-sided and in black and white.
Printing Forms for a Student Services Office
If you need to print a form or document for an office in Student Services, such as a financial aid form, unofficial transcript, schedule, etc., you may use the printer in the Enrollment Lab in the Bailey Student Services Center. If you need to print class-related materials, please use one of the computer labs.