Overview of the Automotive and Diesel/Heavy Equipment programs offered at A-B Tech
We offer two main types of programs related to automotive systems and technology:
- Automotive Systems Technology
- Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology
Automotive Systems Technology Programs
The Automotive Systems Technology programs are intended to help you get a job as an Automotive Service Technician. The program integrates academic and technical course work, providing classroom and lab experiences which emphasize automotive theory, servicing, and operation.
The Automotive Systems Technology program offers an Associate's Degree program and several shorter programs:
- Automotive Systems Technology A.A.S. (67 credits; 2 years, 5 semesters)
- Automotive Systems Technology Diploma (43 credits; 1.5 years, 3 semesters)
- Automotive Systems Technology - Certificate I (15 credits; 1 year, 2 semesters)
- Automotive Systems Technology - Certificate II (12 credits; approx. 1 year, 2 semesters)
Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology Programs
The Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology curriculum focuses on the knowledge and skills needed to service, troubleshoot, and repair medium and heavy duty vehicles. This includes servicing diesel engines in heavy duty trucks, buses, ships, locomotives, and equipment, as well as stationary diesel engines.
It includes the following programs:
- Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology Diploma (48 credits; 1.5 years, 3 semesters)
- Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology Associate Degree Completion - to be taken after completion of the Diploma day program (69 credits; 1 additional year and 2 additional semesters past the completion of the Diploma Program)
- Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology Certificate (18 credits; approx. 1.5 years, 3 semesters)
For additional questions about any of these programs, contact David Walker, Chairperson of Transportation Technology, at (828) 398-7223 or email@example.com. To schedule an appointment with David Walker, please contact Eve Owens at (828) 398-7221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.