A-B Tech InfoBase

We're here to help you find quick answers to common questions. Use the search box to look up key words or browse through the categories below.
Can't find what you're looking for? Click here to email us your question or call us at (828) 398-7900.

Add or Change an Academic Program

Add or Change an Academic Program


Overview of how to add or change an academic program

Choosing an Academic Program

You can view the list of academic programs offered at A-B Tech by going to abtech.edu/academicprograms.

Career Coach is an online tool to help you explore your academic and career goals.

Career counseling is offered at no charge for students intending to take classes at A-B Tech. If you are under 18 years old, you are strongly encouraged to do a basic application to A-B Tech first, which you can do at abtech.edu/apply. For more information, see abtech.edu/careers.

How to Select or Change a Program

While completing the general College application you will be asked to select your program of study. If you select the "Special Credit" program (to attend as a non-degree-seeking/visiting student or are undecided about your program of study), you will not be placed in an academic program.

To change your program, you can add or change most academic programs in WebAdvisor. If you're unable to select a program in WebAdvisor, you will likely need to consult with an academic advisor. Call (828) 398-7900 or email info@abtech.edu for information about your next steps.

If you wish to enter a Transfer Program (A.A., A.S., A.E., or A.F.A.), you may want to consult with a College Entry Advisor to ensure you are in the optimal program for your transfer goals.

When You May Add/Change a Program

If you are not taking any classes that have started already, you will be able to add or change your program until the day your first class begins (based on the published start-date in Self-Service, not class meeting times).

If you are in classes that have already started, you will need to consult with a College Entry Advisor by emailing generaladvising@abtech.edu to determine if you are still able to change your program for the current semester.

Financial Aid

If you're selecting a program for financial aid purposes, you should also email the Financial Aid Office at financialaidoffice@abtech.edu to let them know you have selected a program.


Key Words: change major, declare a major, switch academic program, academic program, add program, end program, add major
Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
Related Articles RSS Feed
American Sign Language (ASL) Courses
Added on Thu, Mar 6, 2014
Online/Evening Allied Health Programs
Added on Thu, Oct 24, 2013
Western Carolina University Advisor at A-B Tech
Added on Thu, Jan 22, 2015
General Occupational Technology (GOT)
Added on Tue, Oct 1, 2013
Academic Warning and Probation
Added on Fri, Mar 1, 2013
Parenting Classes
Added on Wed, Mar 13, 2013
Hunting Safety
Added on Wed, Jan 16, 2013
Consult With an Advisor
Added on Tue, Feb 4, 2014
Massage Program
Added on Wed, Oct 9, 2013
Early Childhood Education Programs
Added on Mon, Oct 14, 2013