Set Up Student Email on Apple Device (iPhone, iPod, iPad)
Set up Student Email on Apple Device (iPhone, iPod, iPad)
How to pair an iPhone, iPod, or iPad with a Student Email account
1. On your Apple device, go to the "Settings" application.
2. In the "Settings" application, scroll down and select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.”
3. Select “Add Account” from the Mail, Contacts, Calendars menu.
4. Select “Google” as your account type (your A-B Tech student email is provided through Google and works just like any standard Gmail account).
5. On the next screen, fill in the following four fields, then click "Next":
- Name: Your name as you would like it to appear in the sender’s field (your preference).
- Email: Your full A-B Tech Student Email address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password: Your regular password for your A-B Tech Student Email account. The default password is either your 7-digit student ID number or the number zero (0) followed by your 7-digit student ID number. If you have forgotten your password or have any other issues, contact the HelpDesk at email@example.com or (828) 398-7550 to have your password reset.
- Description: A name that describes the nature of the account (example: “A-B Tech Student Email”). This is only used to identify your mailbox inside the Mail application and can be whatever you prefer.
6. On the final screen, you can choose to synchronize your A-B Tech Contacts, Calendars, and Notes with the appropriate apps on your phone. This will merge information from both sources. (Note: It is not recommended to sync contacts.) Click "Save" when you're finished.
Key Words: Student Email, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple, iOS, Student Email Setup