Overview of how visiting students can register for classes at A-B Tech
You're considered a visiting student if you meet at least ONE of the following conditions:
You already have an Associate's degree or higher.
You are currently enrolled as a student at another college or university.
And you meet BOTH of the following conditions:
You do not intend to enroll as a full-time student (12 or more credits/semester).
You do not intend to pursue a degree, diploma, or certificate at A-B Tech.
Enrollment Steps for Visiting Students
If you're currently enrolled at another college/university and would like to take courses at A-B Tech to transfer back to your school, here are the steps you need to take:
- Check with your own college or university first to learn the necessary credit transfer process, and find out which credits from A-B Tech will be accepted.
- Review our course offerings and all prerequisite/placement requirements for any course you want to take at A-B Tech.
- Complete a general application to the College at abtech.edu/admissions.
- If the course(s) you're taking at A-B Tech requires a prerequisite or placement testing, obtain a copy of your college transcript (official or unofficial) and show it to an advisor in the Bailey Student Services Building (#5 on our campus map). If you're currently taking the necessary prerequisite, you'll also need to show a copy of your current schedule. If you live more than two hours away from the Asheville area, contact Distance Advising at email@example.com.
- Register for your desired course(s).
- After you complete the course(s), have A-B Tech send a copy of your transcript to your home college/university.