Consult With an Advisor
Consult With an Advisor
The different types of advisors and how to consult with an advisor
Types of Advisors
There are several main types of advisors:
- College Entry Advisors can assist new students with enrolling at A-B Tech as well as returning students seeking to change majors. They also speak with students seeking prerequisite overrides, general advice about what classes to take, etc.
- Pre-Limited/Pre-Selective Advisors (also referred to as AGE Advisors) provide assistance to students in the AGE Program and students interested in applying to Selective Allied Health Programs or Limited Programs.
- Transfer Advisors are available to assist students who are seeking to transfer from A-B Tech to another school, including students in the Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.), Associate in Fine Arts (A.F.A.), and Associate in Engineering (A.E.).
- Program/Faculty Advisors assist students who are enrolled in specific academic programs, most commonly with setting up Plans. Most students enrolled in a program of study have been assigned a specific program/faculty advisor. You can find your assigned advisor by visiting abtech.edu/myadvisor or you can contact us at (828) 398-7900 or email@example.com.
- Immigrant, New American and International Advisors to assist International Students.
Consulting With an Advisor
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), most advisors are currently assisting students on a virtual/online basis only.
If you are a new student or a current student wishing to change your academic program, you can schedule an appointment with the College Entry Advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are enrolled in a Transfer Program, you will be able to schedule an appointment to consult with a Transfer Advisor through following page of our website: Transfer Advising Appointment Scheduler. You will use your A-B Tech username and password to log in. Please keep in mind you will not be able to log in to this system until you are in your program. You can also email email@example.com.
To consult with your faculty/program advisor, you should contact the advisor directly by phone or email. You can find your advisor's contact information at abtech.edu/myadvisor. You may also call (828) 398-7900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help finding your advisor's contact information.
You can schedule a virtual appointment with an International Advisor using the International Advising Appointment Scheduler. If you have any further questions about applying as an international student, please email email@example.com.