How to register a vehicle and get parking decals
How to Get a Student Parking Decal
Students have two options to obtain a parking decal for the 2023–2024 Academic Year:
- To have a parking decal mailed to you, complete the parking decal webform at abtech.edu/parking-decals. You will need to know your student ID number and your license plate number. Our Campus Police will then mail the parking decal to the address you provided.
- To pick up a parking decal in person, visit the Campus Police department in our Conference Center (#18 on our campus map). They are currently available Monday–Thursday 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
There is no additional fee for a parking decal (it is billed in your tuition automatically as the "Campus Access, Parking, and Security" or (CAPS) fee. If you need a second parking decal, you may obtain one for $10 in the Roberson Building at 93 Victoria Road. There is also no fee for the first parking decal for dual-enrolled high school students.
Once you have your student parking decal, you can park in any space on campus with white lines (yellow lines are for employees only).
Parking Decals for Continuing Education Students
Continuing Education students have two options for parking:
- If you plan to take classes regularly and prefer this option, complete the Parking Decal Request form at abtech.edu/parking-decals and pick up the parking decal at the Campus Police department in our Conference Center (#18 on our campus map). They are currently available Monday–Friday from 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Otherwise, you will be provided with a temporary parking pass to put on your dash for the duration of the course. You will receive this either by email before the class or in-person on the first day of class.
Parking Decals for Employees
Complete the Parking Decal webform at abtech.edu/parking-decals. Employee decals will be sent via campus mail. They can also be obtained in person at the Police Department, located in the Mission/A-B Tech Conference Center Building (Building #18 on our campus map). Their hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Once you have your employee parking decal, you can park in any space on campus with yellow lines.
Below is some general information to keep in mind about registering your vehicle and using your parking decal:
- All motor vehicles operated on campus must be registered with the College. Permits are applicable for one academic year. For the purpose of vehicle registration, groups are specifically described as follows:
- Curriculum students
- Continuing Education students (if the Continuing Education class is scheduled for more than two weeks)
- All permits must be displayed on the left rear back window of each registered vehicle.
- Student parking spaces on campus are limited; therefore, vehicle registration and the issuing of a parking permit does not guarantee a parking space. It does permit parking in designated areas.
- Parking permits issued for a specific vehicle are not transferable. If the vehicle is sold, the permit should be destroyed.
Student employees (work study, peer tutors, etc.) will be issued a student permit and must park in spaces designated for students. Exceptions may be approved only by the Chief of Police.
A small number of visitor parking spaces are available in parking lot B2 behind the Bailey Student Services Building. Visitors are welcome to park in these spaces without a decal.
Visitors can also go to the Campus Police department in our Conference Center (#18 on our campus map) for a temporary parking pass. With a temporary parking pass, you can park in any space on campus with white lines (spaces with yellow lines are for employees only). Temporary passes can be written for up to a week at a time if needed.