Overview of how visiting students can register for classes at A-B Tech
You're considered a visiting student if you meet at least ONE of the following conditions:
You already have an Associate's degree or higher.
You are currently enrolled as a student at another college or university.
And you meet BOTH of the following conditions:
You do not intend to enroll as a full-time student (12 or more credits/semester).
You do not intend to pursue a degree, diploma, or certificate at A-B Tech.
Enrollment Steps for Visiting Students
If you're currently enrolled at another college/university and would like to take courses at A-B Tech to transfer back to your school, here are the steps you need to take:
- Check with your own college or university first to learn the necessary credit transfer process, and find out which credits from A-B Tech will be accepted.
- Review our course offerings and all prerequisite/placement requirements for any course you want to take at A-B Tech.
- Complete a general application to the College at abtech.edu/admissions.
- Complete New Student Orientation, which you can sign up for at abtech.edu/nso.
- If the course(s) you're taking at A-B Tech requires a prerequisite or placement testing, obtain a copy of your college transcript (official or unofficial) and show it to an advisor in the Bailey Student Services Building. If you're currently taking the necessary prerequisite, you'll also need to show a copy of your current schedule. If you live more than two hours away from the Asheville area, contact Distance Advising at email@example.com.
- Register for your desired course(s).
- After you complete the course(s), have A-B Tech send a copy of your transcript to your home college/university.