Register for Classes Online
Register for Classes Online
Instructions for how to register for curriculum (for college credit) classes online through Self-Service
Table of Contents
3. Click on the "Registration" tile on the Self-Service Main Menu page.
4. If you are enrolled in a program, you must consult with your program advisor for each registration period before you can register. For instructions on how to contact your program advisor, click "Consult My Advisor" on the left or visit abtech.edu/myadvisor. Students enrolled in programs may only register for courses that their program advisor has Approved.
5. Click "Schedule and Register for Classes" on the right.
6. Regardless of whether you are enrolled in a program, look down the left side of the page to review any courses that have already been added to your course Plan for this semester. If you don't see any classes down the left side of the page, go to step B. (If you are not in an academic program, you still must first add classes to your course Plan before you can register for them.)
A. To register for courses that are already on your Plan for the current semester:
- Click "View Other Sections" under the course. Available course sections will then be listed under the course (on the left) or on the calendar (on the right).
- Select a specific course section by clicking on it (either in the list on the left or on the calendar on the right). When the “Section Details” window opens, click the “Add Section (Not Yet Registered)” button at the bottom. The section will be added to your schedule, but you will not yet be registered. Go to step #7 to finalize your registration.
- Click the "Search Courses and Sections" button near the top-right of the page.
- On the “Search for Classes” page, enter either the “Term” or “Meeting Start/End Dates.” Under “Courses,” select the subject (example: “English”) and enter the course number (example: "111"). To filter your search in any other way, you may make additional selections on this page. Then click the “Search” button at the bottom of the page.
- The course search results will display in a list. Click the “Add Course to Plan” button to the right of the course name. When the “Course Details” window opens, select the Term you want to register for, then click the “Add Course to Plan” button at the bottom of the window.
- Return to the registration page by hovering over “Registration” at the top of the page, then click “Schedule & Register” from the drop-down menu.
- Any courses you selected will appear down the left side of the page. Click “View other sections” under the course. Available course sections will then be listed under the course (on the left) or on the calendar (on the right).
- Select a specific course section by clicking on it (either in the list on the left or on the calendar on the right). When the “Section Details” window opens, click the “Add Section (Not Yet Registered)” button at the bottom. The section will be added to your schedule, but you are not yet registered.
7. Click the "Register" button under the course section on the left, or to register for multiple scheduled sections at once, click the "Register Now" Button at the top-right of the page.
8. Click "View & Print My Class Schedule" near the top-left of the page to confirm your registration.
Key Words: register, registration, how to register, registered, class, classes, course, courses, WebAdvisor, Web Advisor, registration steps, instructions, search for sections, Self-Service, Self Service