Overview of Career Coach, where to find it online, and how to use it
What is Career Coach?
Career Coach is an online tool designed to help you find a good career. You can look up a career and find current local wages, actual job postings, and degrees needed to enter that field. You can also look up a degree and find information about the careers it trains for.
Where Can I Find Career Coach?
You can access Career Coach by going to abtech.edu, hovering over the "Careers" button in the top-right corner of the screen, and clicking on "Career Coach" from the drop-down menu that appears.
How do I Use Career Coach?
With Career Coach, you can evaluate over 800 careers using solid local data. You can:
- Search for a career by key words, or view all careers and narrow down the information with a filter.
- View information about local jobs, or change your area by clicking the globe icon and entering a different zip code.
- Save a career to view later by clicking the star to add it to your bookmarks. Access your bookmarks in the Account section.
- Careers and degrees are linked to each other. If you're viewing a career, you'll see the degrees that train for it.
- If you're viewing a degree, you'll see the careers it trains for. You can search, filter, and bookmark degrees just like you can careers.
Key Words: Career Coach, career, job, wages, job postings, career counseling, career planning, salary