FAFSA and How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Submit an application to attend A-B Tech, at www.abtech.edu/admissions.
- Fill out a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.gov. To ensure that your FAFSA is sent to A-B Tech, you must include our federal school code, 004033. The FAFSA must be filled out every academic year, and will determine if you’re eligible for any federal, state, or institutional aid. Assistance in filling out your FAFSA is available by appointment.
- Once you submit your FAFSA, you’ll receive a notification called a Student Aid Report (SAR) from the government by mail or email. You should review the information contained in the SAR to make sure it’s accurate. Our Financial Aid Office will use the data from the SAR to determine how much financial aid you’re eligible to receive.
- Once A-B Tech has received an application, you should check your A-B Tech email account frequently. This is the Financial Aid Office’s primary means of communication regarding additional information requests or updates on the status of the application. When documents are requested, they are also listed in WebAdvisor. After logging in to WebAdvisor, click "Curriculum Students" and then "My Financial Aid Documents."
- Return any documents that are requested as soon as possible. Your application cannot be processed until all requested documents are submitted.
- You must be in an eligible academic program for your financial aid to be awarded. Once you have declared a major, please inform the Financial Aid Office.
- A notification will be sent to your A-B Tech email account when your award letter is ready to be viewed in WebAdvisor.
The successfully completed FAFSA will allow you to receive all federal or state aid you are eligible for, including federal Pell Grants and other grants, scholarships, and loans. You will need to take additional steps if you wish to apply for scholarships or loans.
To check on the status of your financial aid, please email the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at (828) 398-7900, or visit the Financial Aid Office in the Bailey Student Services Building.